Tehri Dam Case: Supreme Court will hear on 8th August
Project Name: Tehri Dam Project (1000+1000+400 MW)
Rivers: Bhagirathi -Bhilangna
Agency: Tehri Hydro Development Corporation (THDC)
Environmental Clearance granted on 19-7-1990
In the case of N. D. Jayal & Another vs. Union of India & Others next hearing in the Supreme Court is now on August 8, 2006. We hope court will listen this case.
Small update from the field:---
- Meanwhile water submerged village Bandrakoti in the Bhagirathi valley.
- All the 10 bridges submerged in the reservoir.
- Now all the big villages of Bhagirathi and Bhilangna valley have been submerged. Only Chham village is left, water is very closed to the village,
- No reached roads for the new bridges.
- Facilities for the cut-of area are not ready like ….. hospitals, collages, school,
- No bridge for vehicles.
- Crakes have been seen on the cut-of area villages.
- In the R/R site named Pathri part-2, 3, 4 oustees left with out any facilities, which have been promised by the govt. according to rehabilitation.
- Nearly 50% Oustees, who so called rehabilitated before 20years back still has No land ownership documents.
Development for all, not only for few.